Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Too Faced Baked Eyeshadow


This has got to be one of the most beautiful makeup I ever own. Looking just like the milky way, I can't help but to look at it for the longest time every. And the best part is that, when you placed this in different angle, you can actually see a sheen reflecting pink, which you can't see from this picture.The top lid is a magnifying glass, which is interesting. This Super Nova eyeshadow is created to give you a smoky look. So, filled with excitement, I went to do a swatch.

To tell the truth, I expected to see both the gold and black to appear. But with one light touch horizontally, all I got was just charcoal black. Unsatisfied, I tried again. And still the same colour. So I decided to just touch on the gold part instead. But what do you know? Its still black, except that, it is lighter.

Well, I guess that is what you get if you want a smoky look. Black. I tried doing swatches on my hand using MAC paint pot and UDPP as base. This is the result.From left to right, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion, MAC paint pot "Painterly" and no base. I would say, using MAC paint pot will get you the best result. Without any base, the colour looked like dirt, and I believe, its gonna make you look messy. UDPP just gets a matte black. However, with MAC, that was different. At least for me, I get to see this light pink reflecting each time I move my hand in different angle under light. What about you?

No comments: