Thursday, October 23, 2008

The addiction

I've been addicted to makeup since way back time. Never fail to get excited whenever I see colours. And whenever people ask me questions like, "what will you do if you are a millionaire?", my standard answer will be, to buy every single products in MAC.

Yes, I really do love MAC. Their vibrant colours never fail me. But you and I know, that brand is not very friendly to our wallet. Luckily for us, there are also some other brands out there which are just as good, and way cheaper. Then again, it tempts people like me to splurge too. So in summary, my spendings for makeup never end. =)

Used to keep my makeup in a makeup bag, and realising that was a little too small for whatever I owned, my boy got me a makeup kit instead. Within 8 months, that kit is no longer in good shape, and the amount of makeup in there, grew way more than before. So now, I bought something which is feasible for storing everything.This is it. Got it from Muji at a discounted price of $74. And there are a total of 7 drawers. Categorized my items in different drawers.This is how it looks like in the 1st drawer. Mostly NYX. Thank you Shirley!!! Hehe... Followed by Milani Runway Eyeshadow collection. Basically, everything here is mostly pigments and eyeshadows for eyes.2nd drawer is a little messy. A combination of things for both my eyes and face. You can see in there, there are MAC pigments, my concealer, foundations, loose powder and mascara.3rd drawer is also a combination. Except that, this look much neater. Basically, its all about cheeks and lips. So in here, there are different blushers, and a whole lot of lipsticks. Most of them are in palettes form. There is something else that does not belong here, and its the Urban Decay Shimmer Powder. But I have no idea where to place it, so I put it into this drawer instead.Palettes!!! All being placed in my 4th drawer. There's MAC, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Red Earth, Body Shop. And in time to come, there will definitely be more. Officially the best smelling drawer. Because, that's where all the perfumes are kept. Well, not alot, but there is not much of a necessity to me, as compared to eyeshadows and pigments. Besides, in the drawer, its also where I keep my faux eyelashes. Really, I sometimes wonder why I do I make so much purchase on those.If you have no interest at all in makeup, but is interested in getting coiffed, then this is the one and only drawer which you should open. My curling tongs (which vary in different sizes), hair straightener and hair sprays are all waiting for you.My last drawer. And definitely, my most important drawer. I stored my basic essential here. Basically, its more of my brushes, brush cleanser, makeup remover and sponges. Without all these basic, no matter how many pigments or eyeshadows I have on the first few drawers, I can never achieve the look I want.

Yup, so here is just a collection of the very minimal makeup I have. =)

No comments: